Sunday, April 6, 2008

4/5/08 vs Houston; W 9-7; (2-3)



Nine runs against Roy Oswalt. Not what I would have expected. Since little league season is upon us, I spent most of this game at my son's practice. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised when I came home and checked the final score.


D Lee had a tremendous game and Kosuke continued his hot hitting. Let's not forget Mark DeRosa, who is quite modest in addition to hitting well. "He's doing it all right now." DeRosa says of Fukudome. In case you hadn't notice, DeRosa is 6 for 16 to start the season. He followed up Kosuke's tiebreaking double with an insurance RBI of his own. He has the second highest average of the everyday players and is one of only three regulars hitting over .200. I think he can safely say he is doing a little bit to help too!


Kerry Wood didn't strike anyone out but was efficient in disposing of three hitters in the ninth in just twelve pitches.


Now Big Z can go out today and get us the first series win of the year.

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner